Format-wise, more professionals are going for blended or online learning because the format compliments their busy work and life style. Joining this Professional Learning Network (PLN) is a good example of professional learning through collegial conversations in the virtual world. Another way to keep abreast of best practices from experts in the field might be checking out a good eBook for on-the-go reading without carrying a heavy load.
What are CMS teachers reading these days? For the month of October, the top three views of the CMS eLibrary are:
- Coaching Conversations: Transforming Your School One Conversation at a Time
- 95 Strategies for Remodeling Instruction: Ideas for Incorporating CCSS
- Blended Learning in Grades 4-12: Leveraging the Power of Technology to Create Student-Centered Classrooms
- Support for CMS Strategic Plan in 21st Century Skills, Common Core, Assessments, ESL/ELL, Cultural Proficiency/Equity, Differentiated Instruction, Brain-based Learning, Response to Instruction, Coaching and Mentoring, Leadership, Classroom Management, etc
- On-demand access to 40 professional books from experts in the fields
- Collaboration support within Professional Learning Communities in schools
- Just-in-time PD reading on your web-enabled devices
- Compatible with tablets and mobile devices
· Log in to the CMS Intranet.
· Follow this path: Professional Development—>CMS eLibrary (tab)—>Access CMS eLibrary
· Follow the directions.
There are also video tutorials to guide you through the steps. Happy Reading!
Christina Efird started her teaching career in 1988 and has taught in CMS since 1995. She believes teaching is continuous learning and improvement and is keenly interested in digital and personalized learning. In addition to being a DEN Star and Moodle administrator, she is certified in online instruction through the Carolina Online Teacher program (COLT). She currently works in CMS Teacher Professional Development as the Director.